An inclusive digital solution for sharing knowledge
Expand your reach and share knowledge in the world’s most vulnerable communities.
Provide on-demand access to targeted audio content in the community’s local language.
Monitor and evaluate usage data and user feedback to identify issues and trends.
The Amplio Talking Book is a rugged, easy-to-use audio device designed for people with low- or zero-literacy skills. Talking Books run on locally-available batteries and don’t require electricity or internet. Our software includes an audio content manager, an app to update content and collect Talking Book usage data and user feedback, and an interactive dashboard for monitoring and evaluation.
We’re always working to learn and improve. In 2021, we launched a suite of self-service products to help our partners more easily and cost-effectively launch and run their programs. A new Talking Book is in development that will run on rechargeable batteries.
The Talking Book runs on locally-available batteries. A new version in development will have a rechargeable battery.
Talking Book Features
- Each Talking Book can deliver hours of audio content.
- A built-in speaker for group listening.
- A built-in microphone for recording user feedback.
- Embossed icons for content navigation.
- USB port for smartphone updates and data collection.
Audio Content Manager
- Talking Book programs typically require content updates (new messages and information) every three months.
- The new content gets loaded into our Talking Book audio content manager (ACM).
- We use the ACM to add metadata to each audio file, including topic category, language, speaker, type of message, and intended audience or community.
- Audio files are sequenced into playlists for each topic in a Talking Book “content package.”
Talking Book App
- Amplio’s laptop and smartphone app lets you select and load content onto Talking Books in places where there’s no internet.
- The smartphone app uses GPS to identify nearby villages and the right content package for each community.
- When your mobile phone or laptop is connected to a Talking Book’s USB port, you can use the app to load new content and automatically collect usage data and user feedback recordings at the same time.
- The app sends the data to a cloud-based analytics dashboard the next time it connects to a WiFi or 3G/LTE network.
- Amplio uses analytics to track, aggregate, and visualize Talking Book content and program performance.
- Our dashboard offers a consolidated view of the content deployment progress, usage statistics, and user feedback for every Talking Book community and device.
- Analytics help Talking Book partners monitor engagement, identify issues and trends, and continually update and improve their content or program for greater impact.
Ready to learn more?
Contact Amplio to request a free consultation on using Talking Books to amplify your impact.
1904 3rd Ave, Ste #417
Seattle, WA 98101